We are super happy to announce a new bike in the line up for us, The Necessary Evil. About two years of development and a few prototypes later, we got a bike that is fully capable from road racing to hitting single track and anything in between. Like our Jabit III frame, we wanted a bike that was extremely versatile and could be build up several different ways. We also like the option to have two set of wheels for this bike, like our fat bike. When doing long road rides it’s great to have a set of 700 wheels but when you want to get off the pavement and hit some gravel, fire roads or adventuring into the unknown a set of 650b wheels is very accommodating. The Necessary Evil can fit up to a 700x47c or 650×2.25 tire in the frame, this is due to the CNC machined yoke that we use. The center of the yoke is drilled out to save weight, but has plenty of material to keep the frame stiff and strong with a large welding surface.Available in either 2205 Stainless Steel or 3/2.5 Titanium Butted Tubing.
- 44mm Headtube
- 142×12 Rear end spacing
- BSA 68 English Tread BB
- Flat mount disc brake (140 post mount).
- Rack and Fender mounts w/ 3 bottle cages
- 27.2 mm Seatpost
- Clearance for a 650 x 2.3″ or 700x50c Tire
- Uses 32mm Flat mount bolts for frame
- Titanium Frame weight on 55cm = 4 lbs
- Stainless Steel Frame weight 55cm = 5.1 lbs
- $1,100 for Stainless Steel Frame w/ rear thru axle and seat post clamp.
- SS Frame w/ Enve G Series Fork $1,550 ; SS Frame w/ Lauf Grit SL Fork $1,750
- $1,850 for Titanium Frame w/ rear thru axle and seat post clamp.
- TI Frame w/ Enve G Series Fork $2,300 ; TI Frame w/ Lauf Grit SL Fork $ 2,500
Cane Creek Headset included with Frame w/ Fork purchase.